One of my most favorite times of year is fall. With fall comes fresh crisp air in the morning, with small foggy breaths as you watch the confetti leaves fall from the trees. Ah yes, fall is a wonderful time of year. Fall also means hearty beverages and food, and the perfect meal for a fall evening is a satisfying stew, stout, and this amazing recipe for a full, crunchy beer bread on the side. You won’t go wrong with this recipe at the dinner table!
- Three cups of sifted unbleached flour
- Three tsp of baking powder
- one tsp salt
- One quarter cup of sugar
- 355 mL of carbonated home brew (I suggest a Morgans IPA, see recipe for that here!)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, mix dry ingredients
- Pour beer over top & mix well.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour, or until a butter knife comes out clear,and cool for fifteen minutes. Enjoy!